Temporary provisions for COVID-19 Coronavirus
Most of our customers are, of course, worried about going on a cruise. The shipping companies have tightened control over all passengers on board to ensure that they are completely asymptomatic.
According to information from the Icelandic government and the health authorities, this period will last for two to three months and will be relinquished when the shipping period begins in Iceland, in the latter part of May.
We have decided not to mix passengers from different cruise ships in one and the same bus or to mix cruise passengers with passengers from hotels or guesthouses.
Precautions and Hygiene
In all our buses, we have installed alcohol based disinfectant canisters and we have increased the control of all cleaning of our buses after each tour.
- We urge our staff and passengers to practice good personal hygiene, especially thorough hand washing.
- Avoid close contact with people with common cold symptoms or cough.
- Use a cloth to cover the face when sneezing or coughing and wash your hands regularly.
Change of booking terms
Due to COVID-19, IG Tours and FAB Travel have decided to change the booking conditions temporarily.
- We offer full reimbursement of payment and confirmation fees to all cruise ship passengers.
- Thus, they can cancel with two weeks notice, whether full payment has been made or deposit.
- We always refund if a cruise ship cannot arrive at port due to weather or sickness on board.
Limited seat availability
Due to declining demand, we have decided to limit the availability of seats this summer and will not increase the number of buses. We remind passengers that it is important to secure a seat as soon as possible for a Mini-BUS tour.